With the blessing of His Eminence, Metropolitan Hilarion, First Hierarch of the Russian Church Abroad, twelve icons with holy relics have arrived at Holy Dormition Convent "Novo-Diveevo" in Nanuet, NY, provided by the International Spiritual Center "Transfiguration" in Kiev, under the omophorion of His Beatitude Onufry, Metropolitan of Kiev & All Ukraine.
These icons were specially created to "travel" to parishes. In this way, parishioners of even small and faraway churches can pray before and venerate the holy relics in their home parish.
The icons with holy relics remained at the convent throughout Bright Week, during which time many came to Novo-Diveevo to venerate these special icons. Beginning with Thomas Sunday, these icons can travel to other parishes in the Eastern American Diocese at the request of the parish rectors.
For more information, contact the convent at email@example.com.
List of icons with relics:
- Holy Leaders of the Apostles Peter & Paul
- Holy Equals-of-the-Apostles Great Prince Vladimir & Princess Olga
- Holy Equals-of-the-Apostles Emperor Constantine & Empress Helen
- John the Baptist & Righteous Anna, Mother of the Most Holy Theotokos
- Holy Hierarchs Nicholas the Wonderworker & Spyridon of Tremithus
- Holy Great-Martyrs Panteleimon the Healer & Barbara
- Venerable Sergius of Radonezh & Seraphim of Sarov
- Holy Great-Martyrs George the Trophy-Bearer & Demetrius of Thessalonica
- Venerable Ambrose & Leo, Elders of Optina
- Holy Equal-of-the-Apostles Mary Magdalene & Apostle Thomas
- Three Great Hierarchs: John Chrysostom, Basil the Great & Gregory the Theologian
- Holy Martyrs Sophia and her three daughters Faith, Hope & Charity