On Wednesday, November 4, the feast of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God, Bishop Nicholas of Manhattan paid an archpastoral visit to Our Lady of Kazan Church in Newark, NJ, where he led its patronal feast day.
His Grace celebrated Divine Liturgy, co-served by:
- Archpriest Serge Lukianov (dean of New Jersey)
- Archpriest Mark Burachek (parish rector)
- Archpriest Alexis Duncan (rector of Nativity of the Mother of God Church in Albany, NY)
- Abbot Arseny (Manko; rector of Sts. Cosmas & Damian Church in Passaic, NJ)
- Archpriest Alexander Logunov (rector of Reigning Mother of God Church in Charlotte, NC)
- Priest Anthony Williams (cleric of St. Alexander Nevsky Diocesan Cathedral in Howell, NJ)
- Protodeacon Serge Shoomiloff (parish cleric)
- Deacon Alexey Pnev (cleric of Nativity of the Mother of God Church at the New Kursk Root Hermitage in Mahopac, NY)
- Deacon Nicholas Ilyin (cleric of Holy Dormition Convent "Novo-Diveevo" in Nanuet, NY)
- Deacon Stefan Stoyanov (cleric of the Synodal Cathedral of the Sign in New York City)
The parish choir sang prayerfully at the service.
After Communion, the vicar of the Eastern American Diocese addressed worshippers with a sermon. Bishop Nicholas also greeted the clergy and faithful on the joyous feast.
Upon completion of the service, a short moleben was served before the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God. A festal luncheon was then offered in the parish hall for the clergy and faithful.