On April 11, the Sunday of Venerable John Climacus, the clergy of the New Jersey Deanery gathered at St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in Howell, NJ, for a Lenten Vespers, a spiritual talk, and fraternal interaction. Dean Archpriest Serge Lukianov led the talk, based on materials from the book Blessed Pastorship by the ever-memorable Protopresbyter Valery Lukianov.
Taking part in the gathering were:
- Archpriest Serge Lukianov
- Archpriest Luka Novakovic (cathedral cleric; on loan to the Patriarchal Parishes in the USA)
- Archpriest David Straut (rector of St. Elizabeth the New-Martyr Church in Rocky Hill)
- Archpriest Boris Slootsky (cathedral cleric)
- Archpriest George Zelenin (rector of St. Michael the Archangel Church in Wayne)
- Abbot Arseny (Manko; rector of Sts. Cosmas & Damian Church in Passiac)
- Archpriest Seraphim Chemodakov (cleric of St. Vladimir Memorial Church in Jackson)
- Archpriest Leonid Goferman (rector of Holy Virgin Protection Church in New Brunswick)
- Archpriest Serge Ledkovsky (deputy rector of St. Vladimir Memorial Church)
- Priest Anthony Williams (cathedral cleric)
- Protodeacon Paul Drozdowski (cathedral cleric)
- Protodeacon Seraphim Komleski (cleric of St. Elizabeth the New-Martyr Church)
- Deacon Rostislav Wojtenko (cleric of St. Vladimir Memorial Church)
- Deacon Daniel Brown (cleric of St. Elizabeth the New-Martyr Church) and
- Deacon Dimtry Lisan (cathedral cleric).
All those in attendance were presented copies of Fr. Valery’s book. The sisterhood, led by Matushka Lubov Lukianov, prepared a delicious Lenten supper.