On Thursday, November 4, the feast of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God, Bishop Nicholas of Manhattan paid an archpastoral visit to Our Lady of Kazan Church in Newark, NJ, where he officiated its patronal feast day.
His Grace celebrated Divine Liturgy, co-served by:
- Archpriest Serge Lukianov (dean of New Jersey)
- Archpriest Mark Burachek (parish rector)
- Archpriest Vasily Zelenyuk (rector of St. Luke the Blessed Surgeon Church in Pompano Beach, FL)
- Abbot Arseny (Manko; rector of Sts. Cosmas & Damian Church in Passaic, NJ)
- Priest George Temidis (rector of Nativity of the Mother of God Church at the New Kursk Root Hermitage in Mahopac, NY)
- Protodeacon Serge Arlievsky (cleric of Holy Dormition Convent "Novo-Diveevo" in Nanuet, NY)
- Protodeacon Sergio Shoomiloff (parish cleric)
- Deacon Alexey Pnev (cleric of the New Kursk Root Hermitage), and
- Deacon Pavel Roudenko (cleric of Three Saints Church in Garfield, NJ).
The service was held under the aegis of the wonderworking Kursk Root Icon of the Mother of God. The parish choir sang prayerfully.
After Communion, the vicar of the Eastern American Diocese addressed worshippers with a sermon. Bishop Nicholas also greeted the clergy and faithful on the joyous feast.
Upon completion of the service, a short moleben was served before the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God. A festal luncheon was then offered in the parish hall for the clergy and faithful.