On Friday, November 4, the feast of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God, Metropolitan Nicholas of Eastern America & New York paid an archpastoral visit to Our Lady of Kazan Church in Newark, NJ, where he officiated its patronal feast day.
His Eminence celebrated Divine Liturgy, co-served by:
- Archpriest Serafim Gan (chancellor of the Synod of Bishops)
- Archpriest Mark Burachek (parish rector)
- Archpriest Seraphim Chemodakov (parish cleric)
- Archpriest Serge Ledkovsky (deputy rector of St. Vladimir Memorial Church in Jackson, NJ)
- Priest Gregory Patsis (rector of St. Luke Mission in Hyde Park, NY)
- Priest Artem Siss (cleric of Holy Dormition Convent "Novo-Diveevo" in Nanuet, NY)
- Protodeacon Dimitri Temidis (cleric of Holy Protection Church in Nyack, NY)
- Protodeacon Serge Shoomiloff (parish cleric)
- Deacon Alexey Pnev (cleric of Nativity of the Mother of God Church at the New Kursk Root Hermitage in Mahopac, NY)
- Deacon Nicholas Ilyin (cleric of Novo-Diveevo Convent) and
- Deacon Pavel Roudenko (cleric of Three Saints Church in Garfield, NJ).
During the reading of the hours, parish altar server Kevin Schmidt was tonsured a reader.
Singing the divine services was a mixed choir of parishioners and guests.
After Communion, the First Hierarch of the Russian Church Abroad addressed worshippers with a sermon.
Upon completion of the service, a short moleben was served before the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God. Metropolitan Nicholas presented Fr. Mark with a commemorative jeweled pectoral cross in honor of the centennial of the establishment of the Russian Church Abroad.
A festal luncheon was then offered in the parish hall for the clergy and faithful.