On Monday, November 4, the feast of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God, Bishop Nicholas of Manhattan paid an archpastoral visit to Our Lady of Kazan Church in Newark, NJ, where he led its patronal feast day.
His Grace celebrated Divine Liturgy, co-served by:
- Archimandrite Yelevferiy (Skiba; dean of Inexhaustible Chalice Church in Brooklyn, NY)
- Archpriest Zoran Radovic (rector of St. George Serbian Church in Elizabeth, NJ)
- Archpriest Mark Burachek (parish rector)
- Abbot Eutychius (Dovgan; cleric of the Synodal Cathedral of the Sign in New York City)
- Archpriest Alexandre Antchoutine (dean of Long Island & the Hudson Valley)
- Priest George Temidis (rector of Nativity of the Mother of God Church at the New Kursk Root Hermitage in Mahopac, NY)
- Priest George Kaplanov (cleric of St. Alexander Nevsky Diocesan Cathedral in Howell, NJ)
- Priest Andrew Podymow (cleric of Holy Protection Church in Nyack, NY)
- Protodeacon Serge Arlievsky (cleric of Holy Dormition Convent "Novo-Diveevo" in Nanuet, NY)
- Protodeacon Serge Shoomiloff (parish cleric)
- Deacon Pavel Roudenko (cleric of the Synodal Cathedral), and
- Deacon Nicholas Ilyin (cleric of Novo-Diveevo Convent).
Praying in the church was Archpriest Alexander Fedorowski and Priest Artem Siss (clerics of Novo-Diveevo Convent), and Abbot Arseny (Manko; rector of Sts. Cosmas & Damian Church in Passaic, NJ).
Prior to the start of Liturgy, His Grace awarded altar server Kevin Schmidt the right to wear the orarion.
The services were held under the aegis of the wonderworking Kursk Root Icon of the Mother of God. Singing the divine services was a mixed choir of parishioners and guests.
After Communion, the vicar of the Eastern American Diocese addressed worshippers with a sermon.
Upon completion of the service, a short moleben was served before the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God. A festal luncheon was then offered in the parish hall for the clergy and faithful.
Newark, NJ: Bishop Nicholas leads Patronal Feast of Our Lady of Kazan Church - 11/04/19
Photos: G. Konyev - Media Office of the Eastern American Diocese